Are you guys ready? Let’s do a basic checklist and see whether you know all of them 🙂
But let’s do a disclaimer first, just to avoid misunderstanding and unwanted remarks.
I am not an authority on things related to religion. This post is intended to be lightly informative and a little bit of fun. If you need further info or clarification, kindly seek the relevant people.
Okay… on to the checklist, then…
- Niat puasa – still remember it or do you need to be reminded again? You do know that you have the option to either do it nightly or do it once at the beginning of the fasting month, don’t you? And no, you don’t have to say the niat puasa in Arabic. Any language is acceptable as long as the intention is there 🙂
- Waktu berbuka – it helps if you know the actual time for solat Maghrib, especially if you are breaking your fast outside and do not have access to tv or there is no mosque nearby to hear the azan.
- Doa berbuka – while not compulsory, it’s still nice to know the actual doa for break fast. If not, you can still use the usual doa for eating. You do know the usual doa for eating, don’t you?
- Suci – which is to say, you are free and clean from hadas besar i.e. you have already taken your mandi wajib, or mandi hadas, or mandi junub, or whatever name you want to call it.
- Rules for puasa – you do know the rules for fasting, don’t you? No eating from dawn to dusk… no sex during the day… no intentional vomitting.. just to name a few. You don’t? Then what are you waiting for? Go find out! I guess item no. 4 also falls under this category but I thought it’s kind of “nice” to have it separate 🙂
So those are the basic things you need to know about puasa. If you think I have missed others, feel free to highlight them to me. I stand corrected.
Do you want to know what are the things I really like about the fasting month? One, I got to lose weight (Man, I’m damn heavy!). Two, I can save some money since I will not be eating breakfast, lunch and dinner. But the one thing I like the most is that the air feels 10 times cleaner. No cigarette smoke!
I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise to everyone for all the wrongdoings I have done to any of you, whether intentionally or not. Forgive me yaa…